Monday, April 5, 2010

The Mobile Gas Station

 
He drives a late model gold Chevrolet Avalanche with 20 inch chrome rims and dark tinted windows. There are two fifty gallon dirty brown cylinder shaped tanks filled with gasoline in the truck bed. He is on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week, a person I frequent with told me. His primary job is to fill cartel members' vehicles with fuel at moments notice. It makes sense. Why would drug bosses go to the gas station when they can have the gas station come to them?

I was outside enjoying an amazingly sunny and warm day by the street when the gold Avalanche stopped right next to me. I looked back and a person came out of the house from behind me. I remained calm. I knew he was not looking for me. The driver of the Avalanche and the person exchanged a dialog. He got off the truck and they both walked toward the house and entered the backyard. The Mobile Gas Station Man had a unique mission today.

He is dark complected and short. Both his arms and neck covered in tatoos. He was wearing black sport sunglasses, a blue short sleeve shirt and dark cotton pants. He pulled out his cell phone and started to have a conversation with someone. His boss had sent him to look for a pleasant place to spend Easter Sunday with his family. He liked it and arrangements were made.

We all had to leave the premises and were told not to return until they had left the property.

No comments: